Halloween is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with a kids’ DIY costume? Whether you’re looking for something classic or something daring, there’s sure to be a costume that fits your child’s personality and interests. But how do you go about finding the perfect one? Well, one way is to check out our blog article; here, we’ll show you how to make a Little Red Riding Hood DIY costume in just a few easy steps. Not only will your child look adorable as the famous fairy tale character, but he or she will also be helping bring some much-needed awareness to animal cruelty. So don’t miss out—check out our blog post today!
-A red riding hood costume for kids
-An old shirt or coat that can be cut down to fit
-Ribbon or cord
-Glue or hot glue gun
-Assorted crafting supplies (sewing kit, a needle and thread, buttons, collars)
-Craft paint or fabric dye (optional)
1. Begin by cutting the old shirt or coat down to fit your child. Make sure to account for any excess fabric around the waist, chest, and arms. It is important that the costume fits snugly so that it stays in place while your child moves around.
2. Next, sew on a ribbon belt around the waist of the costume. Leave enough extra fabric at each end of the belt so that you can tie them together in a knot once completed. Depending on your child’s size, you may also want to add an extra layer of ribbon around their waist and neckline to make sure they are fully protected from drafts while wearing the costume. Be sure to leave plenty of room at the chest and neck area so your child can move their arms freely without restricting their breathing.
3. Attach a piece of cloth material (like an old t-shirt) over one eyehole on the front of the costume using hot glue or adhesive Velcro dots. This will help keep debris out of your child’s eyes while wearing the costume outside in cold weather conditions. You
How to Make the Costume
Making your own Little Red Riding Hood costume is a great way to save money and have some fun too! Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make the perfect costume for your little one.
1. Start by choosing your outfit. You can choose any clothing that you think will look good covered in wolf fur. A simple dress, skirt, or jumper will do the trick.
2. If you’re using a dress, hem it so that it’s below the knee and sew on a faux fur piece around the bottom of the dress. This will give your little one extra protection while they’re out roaming around the forest during their performance!
3. If you’re using a skirt or jumper, hem it at the waistband and sew on a faux fur piece around the bottom of the garment too. This will provide extra warmth and protection from cold weather while Little Red is gallivanting about in her wolfskin attire!
4. Next, find some faux fur pieces to create Little Red’s booties and ears. Cut them to desired size and shape, then sew them onto either end of an old sock or crochet hook earring form (or use leftover yarn from your project). Finally, add a few fake animal teeth to finish off your costume!
How to Put On the Costume
If you are looking for a quick and easy DIY Little Red Riding Hood costume for your little one, there are a few easy steps you can take. First, purchase a shirt and pants combo that is both red and white. Next, print out the Little Red Riding Hood template found here. Cut out the template and then use it to help you create your own DIY Little Red Riding Hood costume. First, cut out the top of the shirt and then use it as a guide to cut out the pockets on the pants. Next, use the template to cut out a headband from red fabric, attach it to the front of the shirt, and cut out some teeth from white fabric to put in between the lips of the headband. Finally, hot glue flowers or leaves in various places on the shirt and pants to complete your Little Red Riding Hood costume!
How to Make the Hood
Making the hood for your Little Red Riding Hood costume is easy enough that you can do it yourself in just a few minutes. You’ll need a piece of white fabric, a black fabric, and some hot glue.
1. Cut the white fabric into a square about an inch larger than the size of your head.
2. Cut the black fabric into a rectangle about an inch wider than the white fabric and twice as long as it is wide.
3. Fold the black fabric in half so that the long edge is on one side, then fold it in half again so that it now has two short edges. Glue these two ends together to make a pouch.
4. Center the white fabric over the pouch, then press down evenly to squish everything together slightly. Use more hot glue to secure if necessary.
As children’s costumes go, little Red Riding Hood is one of the most popular. And if you’re looking to make your own version of the costume without spending a fortune, we’ve got just the DIY guide for you! In this article, we will show you how to make a Little Red Riding Hood costume using items that you likely already have in your home. From clothing and accessories to props and scenery, this DIY Little Red Riding Hood costume is sure to be a hit with any child who sees it!